Monday, September 12, 2011
I made slight changes and doubled the orginal recipe found Summer Harms
Homemade Granola Bars
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 c. flax seed
1/2 c. quinoa
1 c. shelled sunflower seeds
2 c. sliced almonds
1 c. shredded coconut
1 1/2tsp. cinnamon (desired amount)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. brown sugar or your favorite natural sweetener
2/3 c. honey
4 T. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
6 T. almond butter
1. mix first 8 ingredients together and place on a rimmed baking sheet. toast in a 400 degree oven for 12 minutes. stir and let cool at least 15 minutes.
2. bring next 4 ingredients to a simmer, stirring continuously. stir in the vanilla and peanut butter and cool for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. put the toasted ingredients and dried fruit in a large bowl and pour the liquid ingredients over it. mix very well.
4. place parchment rimmed baking sheet then place the granola bar mixture in the pan. put another piece paper, roll with a rolling pin to make it very tight, smooth, and even.
5. let set for 2-3 hours and cut into desired bar sizes, package in air tight container in fridge.